United States – 05-16-2019 (PRDistribution.com) — Dovetail Games signs Scott Martin and Ali Hamidi for major Career Mode game update
Real world tournament angling action will combine with the gaming world’s most authentic fishing simulator this July when Dovetail Games launches the new Career Mode of its popular Fishing Sim World. There will be no better time for gamers and fishing fans alike to match their angling skills against the professionals.
Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour, launching July 18, 2019, will include head-to-head tournament gaming competition with more than 100 professional anglers from real-world bass, carp and predator fishing. Angling champions American Scott Martin and European Ali Hamidi are headlining the career mode release.
“Every angler knows that luck has nothing to do with it,” said Rob O’Farrell, SVP of Development at Dovetail Games. “With the incredible professional talents of Scott and Ali alongside all our new features, official partners and their equipment, it’s time to break your personal bests and win the pro tour!”
Scott Martin represents the best of bass angling, as the most successful FLW Tour bass angler of all time. Martin also the hosts The Scott Martin Challenge on the Discovery Channel.
“I’m honored to be part of Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. This is such a passionate project, with an incredible level of detail. It’s a great way to introduce more people to the world of bass fishing.”
No one knows more about carp fishing than leading UK Korda angler Ali Hamidi. He is executive producer and presenter of ITV’s Monster Carp and The Big Fish Off.
“As a massive gamer it’s super cool to be involved with Dovetail Games and Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. The game is so authentic. I take my role as an angling ambassador very seriously and I love that kids and adults playing this sim will learn skills that will really help when out fishing for real.”
New features of Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour
- New Lakes – Dovetail Games has added 3 brand new U.S. lake venues: Lake Guntersville, Lake Travis and Lake Miller.
- Career Mode – Players can start their very own angling career and work their way up to an elite angler by mastering new skills and rising through the rankings. Gain a social media following, negotiate sponsorships deals from over 50 licensed partners and fish against over 100 pro anglers including Scott Martin, Ali Hamidi, John Crews, Bryan Thrift, Dave Levy, Ian Russell and many more. Choose between Bass, Carp, Predator or all three at the professional level. Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour puts players’ angling paths in their own hands with the ability to change disciplines at any given time.
- Custom Multiplayer – Take to the waters and fish against friends online. Multiplayer options include such features as number of rounds, length of matches, catch species, weather conditions, times of day, etc.
- New Fish & Equipment – Nearly 30 species of fish will be available to target, including varieties of Bass, Carp, European Catfish and Muskie. Barbel, Channel Catfish, Brown and Rainbow Trout will make their debut at launch. Fully licensed equipment will be available from over 50 licensed partners to choose from including Korda, RidgeMonkey, 13 Fishing, Booyah and many more.
- Community and Mastery Challenge System – Players will be able to complete community, weekly and in-game mastery challenges to unlock exclusive items.
- Online Tournaments – Participate in the Dovetail Fishing League and earn the coveted title of “Angler of the Month” for great rewards.
Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour will be a FREE update for all owners of Fishing Sim World, which is currently available for purchase on PC (Steam), Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for $19.99.
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing the PC game Train Simulator. Today, Dovetail Games is responsible for developing train, flight and fishing simulation games for PC and leading consoles.
Please watch the video for a preview:
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/dovetail-games-announces-fishing-sim-world-pro-tour-launch.html.