New York, NY — (SBWIRE) — 10/13/2017 — Given the increasing prevalence of expensive household goods, cars and consumer electronics, insurance has become an unavoidable and often necessary cost in modern life. Mobile phones, and smartphones in particular are no exception to this trend.
Most major mobile operators, insurance specialists, device OEMs, retailers and even banks now offer insurance plans that cover theft, loss, malfunctions and damage of mobile phones. Many policies now also integrate enhanced technical support and additional protection features such as data backup facilities, allowing users to securely backup their phone data online.
The Researcher estimates that the global mobile phone insurance market is expected to account for $20.5 Billion in revenue by the end of 2017. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 10% over the next three years, eventually accounting for more than $27 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
The “Mobile Phone Insurance Ecosystem: 2017 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the mobile phone insurance ecosystem including market drivers, challenges, opportunities, value chain, future roadmap, case studies, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts from 2017 through to 2030. The forecasts are segmented for 3 sales channels, 5 regions and 25 countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
For more information or any query mail at [email protected]wiseguyreports.com
The report covers the following topics:
– Mobile phone insurance ecosystem
– Market drivers and barriers
– Insurance policy structure, distribution channels and key trends
– Case studies of mobile phone insurance initiatives
– Industry roadmap and value chain
– Profiles and strategies of over 80 leading ecosystem players
– Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
– Market analysis and forecasts from 2017 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their categories:
Sales Channel Segmentation
– Mobile Operators
– Device OEMs
– Retailers & Others
– Asia Pacific
– Latin & Central America
– Middle East & Africa
– North America
Country Level Segmentation
– Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UK & USA
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
– How big is the mobile phone insurance opportunity?
– What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
– How is the ecosystem evolving by region?
– What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
– Which countries will see the highest percentage of growth?
– Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
– What risks are typically covered in mobile phone insurance offerings?
– How can insurance plans help mobile operators in reducing churn?
– What strategies should mobile operators, device OEMs and insurance providers adopt to remain competitive?
The report has the following key findings:
– SNS Research estimates that the global mobile phone insurance market is expected to account for $20.5 Billion in revenue by the end of 2017. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 10% over the next three years, eventually accounting for more than $27 Billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
– In an effort to boost the uptake of their mobile phone insurance plans, mobile operators and insurance providers have extensively enhanced their offerings with a number of differentiating features such as multi-device coverage, integrated device security apps, prioritized technical support, door-to-door repair services and secure data storage for photos and videos.
– To accelerate the adoption of mobile phone insurance in developing markets, mobile operators are experimenting with an array of strategies ranging from complimentary insurance schemes to bundling insurance with inexpensively priced mobile security offerings.
– Many smartphone OEMs – including Apple, Samsung, HTC, Acer, Motorola Mobility and Xiaomi – already offer their own branded protection plans across multiple countries, and others are expected to follow suit. By the end of 2020, OEM branded plans will account for a market worth nearly $4.5 Billion.
Table Of Contents – Major Key Points
Chapter 1: Introduction
Key Questions Answered
Companies & Organizations Mentioned
Chapter 2: An Overview of Mobile Phone Insurance
The Role of Insurance in Our Daily Lives
Why Have Mobile Phone Insurance?
What Risks Are Typically Covered?
Accidental, Malicious or Liquid Damage
Electrical or Mechanical Breakdown
Theft or Loss
Unauthorized Calls & Usage
Data Backup Facilities
Distribution & Sales Channels for Insurance Plans
Mobile Operator Branded
Device OEM Branded
Associated with Bank Accounts
Retailers & Other Direct-to-Consumer
Growing Penetration of Smartphones
BYOD: Perfect Candidates for Insurance
Reducing Service Disruption
Proliferation of Large Screen Devices
Strong Support of Tier 1 Mobile Operators
Growth of Mobile Payments: Creating New Opportunities for Insurance
Consumer Disbelief in Insurance
Unclear Terms & Conditions
Slow & Unfair Claims Handling
Time Limitation to Purchase Policy
Chapter 3: Value Chain & Future Roadmap
Mobile Device OEMs
Underwriters & Insurance Administrators
Future Roadmap: 2017 – 2030
2017 – 2020: Adoption of OEM Branded Plans & Premium Device Protection
2020 – 2025: Growing Proliferation in Developing Economies
2025 – 2030: Continued Growth with the Adoption of Connected Living Technologies
Chapter 4: Case Studies
Asurion: Replicating North American Success in Other Regional Markets
AT&T: Championing Flexible & Premium Mobile Protection Plans
Brightstar Corporation: Increasing Insurance Revenue for a Rural Carrier
HL Assurance: Differentiating Mobile Phone Insurance with Door-to-Door Repair Services
Microsoft & Samsung: Alliances with Local Insurance Regulators
MTN & Vodacom: Innovating Insurance Programs in Africa
NTT DoCoMo: Pioneering Mobile Phone Insurance in Japan
So-Sure: Introducing Social Insurance for Mobile Phones
Telefónica Insurance: A Mobile Operator Owned Insurance Company
Vodafone Group: Driving the Adoption of Carrier-Branded Mobile Phone Insurance Programs
For more information or any query mail at [email protected]
About Wise Guy Reports
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports features an exhaustive list of market research reports from hundreds of publishers worldwide. We boast a database spanning virtually every market category and an even more comprehensive collection of market research reports under these categories and sub-categories.